Monday, October 16, 2006

Last time I was going in an auto and I saw a woman beggar carrying her baby in her arms. She was also carrying a feeding bottle and was asking for money to feed her child. For a moment I really thought of giving her the money but then I decided I won't (although it was still a moral dilemma for me as what to do) as it may promote them and I was not even sure whether she was genuine or not.
Then the auto moved and on another red light I saw four more such women, carrying their babies in their arms and a feeding bottle and asking for money. That really disgusted me with the feeling that how could these women use their babies for such a job. But at the same time I felt a pity for them especially those who are actually genuine and are left with no other option. I know that giving them money might promote their habit of begging but it is still very difficult to just see them in such bad condition and walk away. At those moments I feel a major moral dilemma and at the same time I feel as if humanity is gradually fading from the world. There are so many moments when it becomes so hard to decide what is the best thing to do but what i find the worst thing about such moments is the fact that they leave you feeling killing your humane feeling gradually. I wish I knew how to help both sides of people, those beggars and people like me.
I know many of the people may not feel the same way but I just wrote what I feel everytime I have to wait for the red light to turn green.

2 comments:

Rajan Rambles said...

I agree with you completely Bhanu. It has happened so many times to me. You really feel between the devil and the deep sea when in such situations.


Wonderful blog bhanu.Keep up the good work. Hoping to see many more from you.

Anonymous said...

A touching account of harsh reality witnessed prevasively on Delhi roads - Good job done Bhanu!

I just feel terrible for the little innocent kids that are mistreated immensely because of their commercial misuse. I do not believe that these tiny toddlers are begging women's own. I dread these children are abducted lots who are starved and injured in order to exploit sensitivity and kindness of common man.

I feel that these beggars must not be paid a penny, if we wish to check this tendency for good or else our children are bound to live with the terror of child kidnappings and beggar mafias.

Thank you Bhanu for raising such a good topic. love you. Keep it up!